Submit Pull Requests against the develop branch.
Provide a good description of what you’re doing and why.
Provide tests that cover your changes and try to run the tests locally first.
Usually, a link to your specific travis build appears in pull requests, but if not, you can find it on our travis pull requests page
The only way to trigger Travis to run again for a pull request, is to submit another change to the pull branch.
We also have Jenkins CI that runs regularly for certain python versions on windows and centos.
OS Requirements: subversion, bazaar, git, and mercurial.
Python Requirements: nose, virtualenv, scripttest, and mock
Ways to run the tests locally:
$ python setup.py test # Using the setuptools test plugin $ nosetests # Using nosetests directly $ tox # Using tox against pip's tox.ini
The pip project welcomes help in the following ways:
If you want to become an official maintainer, start by helping out.
Later, when you think you’re ready, get in touch with one of the maintainers, and they will initiate a vote.
This process includes virtualenv, since pip releases necessitate a virtualenv release.
As an example, the instructions assume we’re releasing pip-1.4, and virtualenv-1.10.
- Upgrade distribute in virtualenv/develop using the Refresh virtualenv process.
- Create a pull request against pip/develop with a modified .travis.yml file that installs virtualenv from virtualenv/develop, to confirm the travis builds are still passing.
- Create pip/release-1.4 branch.
- In pip/develop, change pip.version to ‘1.5.dev1’.
- Create virtualenv/release-1.10 branch.
- In virtualenv/develop, change virtualenv.version to ‘1.11.dev1’.
- In pip/release-1.4, change pip.version to ‘1.4rcX’, and tag with ‘1.4rcX’.
- Build a pip sdist from pip/release-1.4, and build it into virtualenv/release-1.10 using the Refresh virtualenv process.
- In virtualenv/release-1.10, change virtualenv.version to ‘1.10rcX’, and tag with ‘1.10rcX’.
- Apply fixes to pip/release-1.4 and virtualenv/release-1.10
- Periodically merge fixes to pip/develop and virtualenv/develop
- In pip/release-1.4, change pip.version to ‘1.4’, and tag with ‘1.4’.
- Merge pip/release-1.4 to pip/master.
- Build a pip sdist from pip/release-1.4, and load it into virtualenv/release-1.10 using the Refresh virtualenv process.
- Merge vitualenv/release-1.10 to virtualenv/develop.
- In virtualenv/release-1.10, change virtualenv.version to ‘1.10’, and tag with ‘1.10’.
- Merge virtualenv/release-1.10 to virtualenv/master
- Build and upload pip and virtualenv sdists to PyPI.
$ curl -L -O https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/archive/1.10rc1.tar.gz $ echo "<md5sum value> 1.10rc1.tar.gz" | md5sum -c 1.10rc1.tar.gz: OK $ tar zxf 1.10rc1.tar.gz $ python virtualenv-1.10rc1/virtualenv.py myVE $ myVE/bin/pip install SomePackage